Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Love these great reminders

I read these two paragraphs today and wanted to remember them:

God, I know I ask so many questions.  It's because being a mom is the toughest priviledge I've ever loved.  I don't want to mess this up!  So I simply offer my willingness to be a great mom today.  That's all I have to give.  I trust You to fill in the gaps and give me the wisdom, patience, and discernment that will be required of me.  I love this child I call my own, but in reality this child is Yours first and You know them best.  Thank You for the honor to join You on this journey of walking this precious person toward phsyical, emotional, and spiritual maturity.   

I also loved:

When you aren't depending on your husband to fill you up, then he can make mistakes and you are still okay.  He can say the wrong thing, and you can forgive him quickly.  He can struggle and question his direction, and you don't fall into despair.  He can be your partner and your friend, because he does not have to be your Savior.  When you are living in the fullness of Christ, your children are being sloshed with His grace and tenderness...They can disappoint you and not bear the scars of your pride and your pain.  They can grow up to be vibrant, independent-thinking, loving adults because they did not have to be your Savior.


No comments:

Post a Comment